Dear Holy Trinity friends,
Again, we pray that you and your family are safe and well as we send this third edition of updates on ministry during the virus shutdown. We are glad to keep you aware of the ways Holy Trinity continues in mission during these unprecedented times. While Vicar Sara presents the feature article below on opportunities we have to be caring for each other, please take note:
The Church Building Is Closed
In accord with the Governor’s order to Shelter in Place, our church building is now closed even as our church mission continues (See Vicar Sara’s article). The Word is being shared daily and care is being offered across all dimensions of the church. Telephones are being covered, mail is being collected, checks are being deposited, bills are being paid. Staff is in full gear, so please be in touch if we can be of service to you.
Online Worship Is Evolving
Last Sunday at 10:30, our online worship joined many other services, it seems, to overwhelm the YouTube Live internet site, so we simply recorded the service and posted it online by midday. The service link was visited by 69 computer or phones in the morning and 49 later in the day, with who knows how many people looking on with each view. So the word is out and we are gathering for worship, even from home!
This weekend, we are encouraging community worship at three different times:
- – 4:00pm, Saturday, March 28, we will be worshipping live at www.engagedbygrace.org/livestream, using the Zoom Webinar online meeting service. Please note, this service requires Zoom software (free) on your computer, iPad or phone. Please email Pastor Steve for help setting it up (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In addition to zooming worship leaders in from their own homes, the community will also have opportunity to share greetings and prayer concerns via Zoom messages at the start of the service during Josh’s prelude.
- We’ll be splicing music that Josh is recording on more music-friendly software.
- We are simplifying by not simulcasting the service through YouTube Live.
- There should be less internet traffic at that time.
- – 8:30am and 10:30am, Sunday, March 29, we encourage others to worship together at one of our regular service times. A recording of the Saturday service will be available again at www.engagedbygrace.org/livestream, this time as a video on our YouTube channel that is available to everyone without special software by simply clicking the white arrow in the center of the screen.
- Here again at both worship times, the community will have opportunity to share greetings and prayer concerns at the start of each service during Josh’s prelude.
- If you’re unavailable to worship in the morning, this online recording will remain available throughout the week.
Send Pictures Of Yourselves
In our gospel lesson for Sunday, Jesus promised to be the resurrection and the life – that is, a new life after we die and an abundant life of love here and now. Understanding that your picture will be broadcast on the internet, all Holy Trinity households are invited to email pictures of themselves that we might include in an internet slide show of the resurrection and life that Jesus raises among us at Holy Trinity. You could even hold up signs for how Jesus’ abundance fills your life. Email those pictures too at email@example.com.
Yours in Christ,
Mike Christman, President; Vicar Sara, Pastor Steve