For a printer-friendly version of this week’s remote ministry communication, please click Remote Ministry Communication 20200514
Holy Trinity friends,
Greetings in Christ whose risen presence among us gives assurance of the hope for the days to come as we are living into the new reality of a persistent pandemic. We pray you and yours are safe and well.
We continue to pray for Nathan Poling’s EMT girlfriend and coworker Casey Novak as she recovers from a COVID-19 infection, and for Dan Balboni, Susan Poling’s cousin’s son who has suffered an extended fever. We also pray for Cheryl Harshman, cousin of Francine Buban, who will undergo heart surgery next week at the Cleveland Clinic. We remember as well the increasing number of people whose employment and financial security is impacted by sheltering orders.
Congregational Meeting to Approve Use of Payroll Protection Plan Funds
Please be watching your mail through the end of the week for instructions and a ballot to participate in our remote Congregational Meeting to consider utilization of a Payroll Protection Plan we have been granted. Here are the key points once again, with a few changes from last week as we hone the plans for our first-ever such meeting:
- Holy Trinity has been granted $113,008 to pay the salaries for church and preschool staff, mortgage interest and utilities for 8 weeks starting March 11, when the funds were deposited into the church account.
- Any portion of those funds that remain after 8 weeks will be returned without interest.
- Since the congregation must approve any such financial arrangements, we are conducting a remote congregational meeting from Sunday, May 17 until Saturday, May 23.
- Late this week, the office will mail instructions and a ballot via USPS for each confirmed member of the household to participate in the meeting.
- Council will host a conference call at 11:30am, Sunday morning, May 17 to present the proposal orally, answer questions and receive your impressions.
- On Monday, May 18, the office will distribute minutes of that meeting via email or USPS mail, whichever way you usually receive this information.
- Confirmed members can sign their names and mark his or her vote on the ballot, returning them in the stamped self-addressed envelope provided for all ballots from each household.
- Council will tally the votes after receiving the mail on Tuesday, May 26, announce the result in the WEEKLY newsletter and proceed with the funds accordingly: using them as indicated if the vote passes or returning the funds without penalty if the vote does not pass.
Using contact information below, please reach out to President Mike Christman, Pastor Steve Wachtman and Vicar Sara Wunsch with questions or suggestions.
Plans for Gathering Anew
The Parish Health Team has identified locations for 6 installed and 4 portable hand-sanitizing units. They are identifying new and healthy traffic patterns for using the building as well as safe arrangement of our furnishings. The team has also begun reviewing sanctuary arrangements with the pew chairs placed according to social distance standards. Our supply of facemasks will be arriving any day too. We are getting ready to gather anew when permitted and then as each person decides for him or herself to attend. It will be great to see folks again!
Here is the weekend worship schedule that you can reach at engagedbygrace.org/livestream.
4:00pm Saturday, Live Backstage Webinar Worship
8:30 and 10:30am Sunday, Live Recorded Worship, available all day as well
Yours in Christ,
Mike Christman, President (email@example.com; 419-356-9565)
Pastor Steve (firstname.lastname@example.org; 614-579-8128)
Vicar Sara (email@example.com; 513-581-6006)