Giving at Holy Trinity
Regular Proportionate Giving
God accomplishes the ministry of our spending plan through the investment of each household in the congregation through their regular proportionate offering.
- Some communities described in the Bible talk about proportionate giving as a tithe
- That is, presenting the first 10% of one’s income as an offering to God.
- The purpose of a tithe is three-fold:
- Expresses thanks to God
- Supports God’s mission in the world
- Puts love of God over love of money
- New Testament teaching
- Jesus in Matthew 6: Where you treasure is, there your heart will be also.
- Paul in 2 Corinthians:
- given to God’s saints/mission
- set aside in advance
- Some households grow in their own health and joy for giving to know that the average household gift in the congregation is approximately $2000.
- Everyone’s financial circumstances are different.
- Average will be too much for some; not enough for others.
Gifts for capital improvements at the church are received only after regular proportionate commitments are met. They generally draw on reserve and surplus pools of personal financial resources, and are used for for special purposes designated by the congregation/council.
In the spirit of love for Christ and others, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church invites you to consider continuing your financial support of our ministries through a gift from your estate after God calls you home. Whether the Lord has entrusted you with much or little, God’s spirit calls you to be a good steward and to use your possessions as a witness to your faith.