At the congregation’s request, here is a brief recap of the minutes from the March Church Council meeting:
- The Estimate of Giving campaign resulted in a projected increase in offerings for 2018 of 5%. Over the last four years, revenue has increased approximately 31%, due to a combination of increased giving from existing households and the addition of new households.
- The ownership of Jacob’s Porch is scheduled for transfer on June 1, 2018. The ministry will benefit from the oversight of a coalition comprising Holy Trinity, Epiphany Lutheran, and Advent Lutheran church, with the hope of adding members to the coalition prior to the transfer. Holy Trinity will select a trustee from the congregation to sit on the Jacob’s Porch Board.
- Vacation Bible School 2018 (7/30-8/2) will focus on the Reformation and make use of the recent congregational trip to Germany to enhance the VBS curriculum.
- Five new families were welcomed into the congregation. There is already interest in additional new member classes following Easter.
- Preparations are underway for the Easter celebration.
- Income and expenses are within expected estimates for the time period.
- There was discussion and tentative decisions re: allocation of estate gift left to Holy Trinity. Waiting for revised figures re: value-added engineering for special capital projects. Final plans will be shared at the congregational meeting for the 2018 revised Ministry Spending Plan.