Following is a brief recap of the approved minutes of the October 2019 Church Council meeting:
- Vicar Sara presented to all three WELCA circle groups and led the Sunday Adult Forum class in October.
- An Intro to Holy Trinity class was conducted. Sara Anstaett, Monica Ashenfelter and Clayton Shook, Bill and Cyndy Decker, Leslie Myser, Steve Rice, and Janice Wahl were approved for membership.
- September’s violin concert was well-received. An Oktoberfest celebration will occur following October 27 Four Hands, Four Feet concert.
- Council voted against the Synod’s request for a one-time $15,000 contribution over and above Holy Trinity’s current 10% giving (approx.$50,000) because insufficient information was provided as to how additional funds would be used. Holy Trinity’s 10% contribution continues to be at a leadership level thus Synod’s new request is not of the same priority as other needs currently happening in the congregation.
- Council approved entering into a trustee agreement with Jacob’s Porch and 3 other local Lutheran churches contributing 1% of their annual budgets and having 3 congregational members serve as trustees.
- Holy Trinity’s Property Board is awaiting 3 bids for potential roofing repairs/replacement.
- Council approved the Worship Committee’s recommendation to conduct a Service of Lament and Healing several times/year to offer opportunity for focused prayer and consolation. First one will be November 24.
- A nominating committee has been formed to identify members for Council, Endowment, and Audit Teams.
- Income/Offerings have slowed due to life transitions in several households. Expenses are as expected.